- On 26 juin 2013
As part of the AHRC funded project ‘New Multimedia Tools for Electroacoustic Music Analysis’ directed by Simon Emmerson and Leigh Landy (Music, Technology and Innovation Research Centre, De Montfort University, Leicester) – and hosted by the Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities at DMU.
Symposium 4: Thursday 11th July 2013
Theme: ‘Building communities, changing needs, ongoing work’
Location: Clephan Building, Bonners Lane, De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH (Room 0.01)
Time: 10.30-13.00 and 14.00-17.00
Chair: Simon Emmerson, Michael Gatt
Invited guest contributors: Michael Clarke, Trevor Wishart
10.30-13.00 morning session
Including contributions from
- Simon Emmerson (DMU) – Achievements of the project and future possibilities
- Mike Gatt (DMU) – The OREMA project and the eOREMA journal: update and future developments
- Michael Clarke & Frédéric Dufeu (Huddersfield) – ‘An Introduction to the TIAALS software (Tools for Interactive Aural Analysis)’ (part of TaCEM – Technology and Creativity in Electroacoustic Music – an AHRC funded joint Huddersfield/Durham project).
14.00-17.00 afternoon session
14.00-15.30 Open Forum: Trevor Wishart’s Globalalia
- Led by Michael Gatt – with opening presentation by Trevor Wishart.
We have invited contributors from the OREMA community (and wider) to bring ideas to a forum discussion on Trevor Wishart’s Globalalia – the archives of which are available on line (see OREMA – eOREMA call – http://www.orema.dmu.ac.uk).
- Pierre Couprie (DMU): EAnalysis software: update and demonstration (http://logiciels.pierrecouprie.fr/?page_id=402)
- Project summary, discussion and future developments.
- Open Forum output possibilities.