- On 10 février 2012
As part of the AHRC funded project ‘New Multimedia Tools for Electroacoustic Music Analysis’ directed by Simon Emmerson and Leigh Landy (Music, Technology and Innovation Research Centre, De Montfort University, Leicester) – and hosted by the Cultural Exchanges Festival, Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities at DMU.
11.00-13.00 Keynote speakers: ‘Emotion, Cognition, Computation’
- Gary Kendall (Queen’s University Belfast): “Meaning in Electroacoustic Music: Feeling, Emotion and the Aesthetic Experience”
- Michael Young (Goldsmiths, University of London): “Why now? Contingencies and Identities in Interactive and Generative Music”
- Simon Durrant (University of Lincoln): “Write it how you hear it: how neuroscience and psychology may help inform electroacoustic music analysis”
14.00-17.00 Toolkit team: ‘Building a toolkit and a community’
- Simon Emmerson and Leigh Landy: “Spanner, chisel, AVO-meter – what tools do we need?”
- Mike Gatt with OREMA website contributors Ben Ramsay, Manuella Blackburn, Panos Amelides, Andrew Hill, Ambrose Seddon in presentations and discussion on the analyses made and issues raised by this now open forum (http://www.orema.dmu.ac.uk/).
- Pierre Couprie: EAnalysis software update and demonstration (http://logiciels.pierrecouprie.fr/?page_id=216)